In a jiffy, am gonna walk you through on the companies that sponsors the USA H-1B visa and it’s important to take a look at the key features of this visa. For starters, the H1B visa in the United States is a Nonimmigrant visa.
What is an H-1B visa Sponsorship?
It is important to note that an H-1B visa sponsorship allows employers or United States companies to hire international graduates. The graduates must be qualified in some specific fields to be considered for an H-1B visa sponsorship.
I know this question must be on your mind!
Will this company sponsor my H-1B visa once my F-1 OPT ends?
This is the question on the mind of every international masters student as they near the end of their studies.
Yes.. For MBA and other business school graduates, as they’re limited to 12 months of working on their F-1 OPT extension. After that, it’s an H-1B visa or you’re heading back home. There ae also other visa classes, especially for those with an entrepreneurial oriented instead of H-1B for MBA graduates, although its not always the most straightforward option when you are paying off international student loans at the same time.
The truth is that, its becoming more and more complex to secure an H-1B visa. Since this processes can be time consuming for the companies in charge of the international students sponsorship, and meanwhile at the end of the day – it’s a lottery, so there is also an element of risk.
Do you want to be Employed by USA companies that recruit international students, Yes of course, there are still several US companies that still sponsor this visas and hire international graduates. It’s best to research companies that sponsor the most H-1B visas every year.
Top 10 companies that consistently sponsor H-1B visas
- Tata Consultancy Services
- HCL America
Apart from these top 10 companies, below are a few others that sponsor H1-B visas:
- Tech Mahindra
H-1B visa sponsorship Eligibility
- They must have a certificate of a US bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent to substantiate their skills in the specialized field.
- The vacancy they are applying for must fall within the list of “specialty occupations” that demand specialized and unique knowledge.
Guess what, there’s a lot more than checking out the top 10 H-1B visa sponsorship list and employers for international graduates. Its a fulfilling thing to get a job that ticks which this article may help you get that job like a glove.
Your university knows H-1B visa sponsorships
Do you know that the career department and the international student office at your school works closely to help their international students and graduates to get the right employers in the United States. If that is being said, they have all right to connect you with companies that sponsor H-1B visas.
Apparently, it is not new to us again that companies rely on schools to identify their top talent students, so its a win-win situation for those involved.
H-1B visa sponsorships for international students
Top tips to find jobs using university resources
- Before beginning your masters degree studies, check out your school’s career services and ask for their experience helping international graduates get jobs in the US. There will be some focus on F-1 OPT, but they can guide you towards companies that also sponsor H-1B visas.
- Most schools recommend you spend time in their careers department and visit their advisors. For example, Carnegie Mellon University Heinz College suggests you speak to one of their Career Advisors and get a mentor at the school.
- Many schools that encourage international students to apply also maintain long lists of previous employers for graduates. This could help you make a school decision, but these lists are out there (whether you attend that university or not) and help you find companies that sponsor H-1B visas.
- Large corporations, like Amazon, Dell and McKinsey, have structured graduate degree hiring programmes from top schools around the USA. They employ hundreds of international grads annually and will sponsor H-1B visas for top talent.
It is important to remember to engage in your school’s career and international office.
H-1B Visa Sponsors Database
We are are that websites involved in visas are listing H-1B sponsoring companies which is no longer a secret.
All the information you get on websites about the visa are public information as US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), which is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), approves all H-1B visas and maintains the database records on where these visa holders work.
So i guess you feel free to browse their website, where you’ll find information on approvals, filtering by the type of degree and the salary involved.
Are you Looking for alternative H-1B visa sponsors databases?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) database is a great place to start, because you will notice that the best place for an IT employers often apply for H-1B visas to hire international employees without graduate degrees.
Are you an international graduate from a top American school? This is what you gonna need, you will need something with a little more depth to filter. There are several public H-1B visa sponsors database, and you are likely to find one that allows you to filter by occupation, job title, city and more.
Here is the Tip i got for you!
TIP: The big Companies that sponsor international students, such as Google, Deloitte, Microsoft, Amazon and Apple, all appear in the top 30 companies that sponsor H-1B visas and heavily recruit top graduate US institutions.
So if your interest is working with one of these companies, then skip the H-1B visa sponsors database search altogether. And, they’ll all help with the H-1B visa application and, most of the time, involve their lawyers.
Grow Your Network To Find H-1B Employers
Normally it’s crucial to grow your personal contacts or network to make a difference, networking to connect with companies that sponsor H-1B visas.
Top tips for using your network to secure an H-1B employer:
- Almost everyone doing a graduate degree from a US school has family or a friend who has previously studied in the US. It is important to Ask them questions about companies that sponsor H-1B visas. They’ll share their personal experience and will most likely connect you to other people with similar situations – and, hopefully, suggestions and solutions.
- Begin with a simple Google search. You’ll often find a list of companies that sponsor international students, forums, as well as legal firms specializing in immigration law (sometimes with a list of their clients), and there are job portals focused on H-1B visas. Once you find a company that interests you, use your LinkedIn account to see if you know anyone that can connect you with them.
- Make the most of the alumni associations and other networking groups to see how they can help you with information about companies that sponsor H-1B visas. Even Prodigy Finance maintains lists of happy clients to share their experience of studying in the US, graduating, and getting a job. You can also chat one-on-one with our Ambassadors to get advice on H-1B sponsors.
If you would like to apply for an H-1B visa through workpermit.com, please fill out an application form, or contact us on: